Have you ever tried a white chocolate sauce? If you are looking for a delicious and unique chocolate source, perfect for a wide range of use – from glazing a cake to mixing it into your favorite coffee drink, the white chocolate source is for you.
Ingredients-wise, this dairy-based sauce is similar to other chocolate sauces, only that it is made with white chocolate and heavy cream or whole milk. But in application, a white chocolate sauce can add a wonderful flavor to your creations that is much different from other types of chocolate. It’s also very easy to make.
What is White Chocolate Sauce?
White chocolate sauce is a dairy-based dessert sauce or syrup similar to chocolate ganache. But unlike regular chocolate ganache, the recipe uses white chocolate instead.
Due to lower cocoa butter and higher dairy content, this sauce has a sweeter and lighter flavor paired with a creamy texture. White chocolate sauce is a delicious alternative to classic chocolate sauce. It tastes amazing when paired with white chocolate mocha, pancakes, and waffles!
With just 2 ingredients, a microwave, and a 10-minute preparation time, you'll have a delicious white chocolate syrup fit for almost everything. Now, let's go and try this recipe!
THE CONSISTENCY OF YOUR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Before diving into the recipe, here is a little information about the source.
The consistency of this white chocolate sauce or syrup should be thick enough to glaze a cake to satisfaction and thin enough to mix into drinks, such as white chocolate latte, easily. You can also use this white chocolate syrup for decorating cakes, dressing up pancakes, drizzling or decorating ice cream, and making delicious hot chocolate.
The simplest ingredients may produce the best outcome in terms of consistency and stability. White couverture chocolate and heavy cream will do the trick. However, some people may prefer to add more ingredients to the recipe, such as vanilla and half-and-half. Some may replace the cream with some liquid whipped cream or whole milk and butter. All of these are acceptable since the recipe is just a guide, and the way you implement it is an art in itself.
THE PERFECT HOMEMADE WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE
Recipes should be practical; and the shorter and simpler, the better. Let’s get into it.
- White chocolate: You will want to use high-quality chocolate for a better-tasting sauce. White chocolate chips or coins like our Embassy Zen White Chocolate 33% make it easier for you to melt the chocolate evenly. We recommend avoiding low-quality chocolate chips; their stabilizer may reduce the sauce's smoothness.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream gives the highest fat content. Therefore, it is easier to work it out to the desired thickness of the sauce and cater to all your saucing needs. However, without heavy cream, you can use any other form of dairy to make a white chocolate sauce. The difference will be with the final sauce texture.
SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED
- A microwave
- A microwave-safe bowl or a Pyrex pitcher
- Add the ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl. The standard ratio of the mixture of chocolate to cream should be 2:1. For a thicker sauce, add more chocolate. Similarly, reduce the chocolate and add more dairy for a thinner, more pourable sauce.
- First, add white chocolate chips or coins and cream into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Then, melt your white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and whisk the chocolate mixture thoroughly.
- Place the mixture back in the microwave again for 25 seconds at the same power level.
- Continue doing the last three steps until the chocolate has fully melted. Then, stir until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Once fully melted and blended, allow your sauce to cool slightly.
- Your white chocolate sauce is ready to use! Drizzle it on top of your favorite ice cream or add it to a nice cup of hot coffee.
- Alternatively, you can store your white chocolate sauce in the fridge for at least two hours to cool completely. This will result in a richer mouthfeel and thicker consistency.
And just like that, you can make a batch of decadent, tasty sauce in your own kitchen. And better yet, it's ready in 10 minutes, so you can instantly take your creations to the next level!
You can also make this easy recipe ahead of time. That way, you always have some delicious white chocolate sauce ready to sweeten your day. To store white chocolate sauce, make sure to keep it inside an airtight container and place it in the fridge to avoid spoilage.
TIPS WHILE MAKING WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Here are some extra tips to help you make the perfect white chocolate sauce for your pastries and desserts:
- Allow the time intervals to keep the white chocolate from burning. It is better to get it out sooner than heating it for too long and having your chocolate burnt, you can always put it inside the microwave again if needed.
- To avoid difficulty in the process and in blending, use high-quality chocolate that does not have waxy stabilizers.
- The microwave should also not be used at full power. It will get too hot and burn your chocolate before completely melting.
- You can also use a double boiler (bain-marie method) over medium heat to make your white chocolate sauce.
- Avoid using low-fat milk, as it can ruin the consistency of your white chocolate sauce, making it extremely thin and watery. If you cannot use whole milk or heavy cream, you can stir in some butter to thicken the sauce.
When it comes to pastries and desserts, don’t underestimate the influence of high-quality chocolate to uplift the flavor. High-quality chocolate Chocolate is a pastry chef’s best friend; it's the perfect ingredient to create delicious products your customers will love!
If you’re interested to try our #ProudlyAsian white chocolate, you can check out our Products page. Also, don't hesitate to contact us for more information about our high-quality couverture chocolate products.